- Gemstone Family - Mica
- Chakras - Heart (4th), Brow (6th)
- Colour - Seen mostly in shades of purple, pink, but can also be seen in red, yellow, gray, white.
- Found in - Africa, Brazil, Greenland, USA
- Element - Earth
- Also known as - Lavender Stone, Flower Sugilite, Lithium Mic, Lilalite, "The Peace Stone"
- Meaning - The name Lepidolite comes from the Greek word for scale because of its association with restoring harmony and balance.
- Birthstone Month - Not a traditional birthstone
- Zodiac Sign - Libra
- Chemical Composition - KLi2Al(Al,Si)3O10(F,OH)2
- Hardness on the Mohs scale - 2.5 - 3.0 (1 being softest, 10 being hardest)
- Physical Healing Properties - Relives allergies and strengthens the immune system. It is used to help numb sciatica and overcomes joint pains. Has a detoxifying effect and can relieve menopausal symptoms
- Emotional Healing Properties - Bestows calm and inner peace on the user, aids sleep patterns, encourages feelings of independence, opens and releases pain, helps by reducing worry and fear and can aid in transformation and new phases in life
- Spiritual Properties - Helps understand grief and pain and helps with release, helps encourage psychic skills and promotes contact with spirit guides and angels
- Legend has it that... Lepidolite is sometimes referred to as the "grandmother stone" or the "peace stone" because it is thought to have nurturing and calming properties.
View our Lepidolite Collection Here
Click here to download your free printable reference sheet