- Gemstone Family - Quartz family and contains silica or chalcedony
- Chakras - Root (1st) and Sacral (2nd) Chakra
- Colour - Red
- Found in - India, Russia, Kazakhstan, Indonesia, Egypt, Madagascar, Australia, Brazil, Venezuela, Uruguay and the United States
- Element Associated with Fire
- Also known as - N/A
- Meaning - Jasper means "spotted or speckled stone".
- Birthstone Month - March
- Zodiac Sign - Taurus
- Chemical Composition - SiO2
- Hardness on the Mohs scale - 6.5 - 7 (1 being softest, 10 being hardest)
- Physical Healing Properties - Regulates metabolic energies, provide vitality and strength, boost stamina, and supports the functionality of the circulatory system. Also increase and supports the growth of muscle tissue.
- Emotional Healing Properties - Provides insight in to difficult situations therefore aiding to calm emotions. A stone of empowerment, it provides strength and courage in difficult circumstances
- Spiritual Properties - Aids dream recall, helps clear all the chakras and awakens the energy of the kundalini at the base of the spine providing a spiral of energy up through the centre of the body.
- Legend has it that.... In the Viking or Germanic legends of Siegfried “the dragonslayer”, Red Jasper was inlaid in the hilt of the hero’s magical sword to guide him with courage in his trials of adversity.
View Red Jasper - Click Here
Click here to download your free printable reference sheet